The Black Rock Oceanfront Resort’s Green Committee manage our sustainability efforts and develop its institutional capacity around sustainability. Our Green Team assesses the current state of the resort, brainstorms possibilities, sets goals, and creates action plans.
Our Green team is focusing on being more:
- environmentally sound by reducing the impacts of growth on natural resources and the environment
- economically productive by making local investments that will protect human and natural resources
- socially just by providing equitable access to resources and decision making processes in ways that benefit all parts of the community
Our Current Initiatives
- Conserve Energy
- Limit Water Waste
- Serve Local Food
- Linen and towel reuse programs
- Eco-friendly cleaning products
- Naturally derived guest amenities, healthful products help to support the honeybee and sustainable pollination research.
For more information, please contact Heather Riddick, Director, Sales & Marketing at (250) 726-4808 or [email protected]