Located in Ucluelet, British Columbia, on the magnificent outer West Coast of Vancouver Island, Black Rock Oceanfront Resort is a spectacular destination for romantic getaways, family vacations and outdoor adventures. Sitting on a rocky headland on the shores of the Pacific Ocean, our luxury resort is surrounded by dramatic ocean scenery, beautiful beaches, old growth rainforest, and the Wild Pacific Trail that winds along the breathtaking rugged coast. Black Rock is 179 miles from Victoria, a scenic 3-hour drive from the Departure Bay ferry terminal in Nanaimo and 20 minutes from Tofino Airport.
Our breathtaking oceanfront lodging is a 15 minute stroll to the charming village of Ucluelet, with an eclectic mix of shops, restaurants and art galleries. Discover the wild beauty of the Pacific Rim National Park Reserve, one of Canada’s natural treasures with magical rainforest, rugged shoreline and expansive beaches. Explore local attractions including the Wild Pacific Trail, Ucluelet Aquarium and the beautiful coastal village of Tofino with gorgeous beaches, shops, galleries, restaurants, hot springs and the islands beyond.
To reach Ucluelet by car from the British Columbia mainland, you’ll first need to take the ferry from Horseshoe Bay, or Tsawwassen, to Nanaimo. The Horseshoe Bay terminal is north of Vancouver and this ferry route takes just under 2 hours while the Tsawwassen terminal is south of the city, closer to the USA border and it takes just a little over 2 hours. The Horseshoe Bay ferry arrives at the Departure Bay terminal in Nanaimo while the Tsawwassen ferry arrives at the Duke Point terminal just about 15 minutes south of the city.
Here Are Some Sites That May Be Helpful In Planning Your Trip:
- Tofino – 40 Minutes
- Port Alberni – 1.5 Hours
- Nanaimo – 2.5 – 3 Hours
- Victoria – 4 Hours
For Highway 4 road work updates, and closure schedules, visit drivebc.ca or facebook.com/eac.bc.ca.kennedy.hill/.
Transportation to Ucluelet
The West Coast of Vancouver Island is an easy escape from Victoria, Vancouver, Tofino and Washington State with exciting landscapes and attractions to see on your journey. Take a scenic drive, flight or ferry and discover the West Coast of Vancouver Island.
*Check with providers for current schedules
- Vancouver Island Connector: Bus service from Victoria to Ucluelet daily. Phone: 1 888-788-8840; Web: viconnector.com
- Budget Car Rentals: Pick up and drop off locations in Ucluelet & Tofino Airport. Phone: (250) 725-2060 ; Web: www.bcbudget.com
- Pacific Rim Navigators-Shuttle Service: Phone: (250) 725-8399 ; Web: www.pacificrimnavigators.com
- BC Ferries: Phone: (888) BC FERRY ((888) 223-3779) ; Web: www.bcferries.com
- Pacific Coastal Airlines: Scheduled flights from Tofino Airport to Vancouver International. Phone: 1-800-663-2872 ; Web: www.pacificcoastal.com
- Pacific Seaplanes: Scheduled flights from Port Alberni and tours from the Ucluelet Harbour. Phone: (250) 616-5858 ; Web: www.pacificseaplanes.ca