Your overall travel time from Nanaimo to Black Rock will range between 2.5 and 3 hours.
- Travel north on Highway 19 for 43 km (26 miles),
- Take Exit 60 onto Highway 4 (also known as the Pacific Rim Highway) heading west for 156 km (97 miles). You will drive through spectacular Cathedral Grove, historic Port Alberni (drive straight downhill and turn right at the junction/river), and on the winding road around Sproat and Kennedy Lakes. You will also drive through scenic Sutton
- Pass, at an altitude of 250m (850 feet) – where we especially recommend heeding to the speed limit. Travel westward until you come to the junction between Tofino and Ucluelet.
- Turn left at the Tofino/Ucluelet junction and drive south towards Ucluelet for 8 km (5 miles).
- Once you enter the town of Ucluelet, continue down the road until you reach Matterson Drive. At this intersection you will notice the Fire Station as well as the local high school.
- Make a right turn at this point and follow the road approximately 500 yards to the stop sign. Big Beach will be directly in front of you.
- Make a right turn on Marine Drive and continue through the next stop sign and Rainforest. Black Rock Oceanfront Resort is located approximately 500 yards from Big Beach.